Just When it seemed like it couldn't get worse

Mei-Ling is in ICU,critical condition. The anesthesiologist would not agree to the surgery since the baby's potassium was so high and her electrolytes off so much. The Doctor ordered her to ICU and they will work all night to get her stable enough to operate. If need be, they will do dialysis on her. No wet diapers today and nothing from a catheter. She is swollen up like a balloon, she doesn't even look like the same baby. They will put in a direct line in her neck or whatever its called so they can take blood samples often. She needs a miracle. Her one and only kidney doesn't function well so this is such a scary thing.
Steven drove Emery to the hospital so he could drive me home tonight. Emery felt I was just too weary, too worn out to make the long drive home alone. And as we were making the trip home, in near silence, I thought to myself, "if only God would give me a sign that Mei-Ling was going to be o.k." I had been trying so hard to be positive, imagining her walking furniture this winter and getting into things, but it was hard to maintain that sort of thinking after seeing her so sick, so so sick. Then right in the evening sky, as the sun was sinking down, right in front of us was a huge SUN DOG, a rainbow in the sun filled sky. Cirrus clouds acting as a prism and creating this amazing beauty of rainbow colors so bold in the sky, just in the direction we were heading so our eyes could not help but see it. A sign I know, I have no doubt.
But please pray for our wee one and ask everyone you can think of to pray also. Also pray that this sweet one not have much pain during all these tests and procedures.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
Oh Patty...my heart goes out to you and your family. We are praying here. My family, the school family.
anita said…
praying for you and yours...
nancyr said…
Praying for Mei-Ling, and for strength for your family while you endure the stress of this set back.
Grancy
Me said…
I am praying.
Anonymous said…
Praying for everybody...
Patty said…
thanks rondi, that means so much to me, more than you will ever know
Patty said…
thanks everyone for the prayers. We sure need them for this sweet one
Christine said…
oh Patty, I am in tears right now for her. I am praying so hard for her right now, and her parents and you and the rest of your family too.
Kelly said…
She is in my thoughts and prayers along with your family--may she be well, may she be well, and may she be well.
Anonymous said…
I have only commented once before but I just wanted you to know - as I tucked my daughters in to bed tonight we prayed for you, and I also sent out a bulletin to our email prayer chain for your family and Mei-Ling. It was sent to 300 + here in Nebraska....I know it will reach farther. I read everyday and right now I am aching for your family.
Mei-Ling is in His grip and she is too precious to let go! Many hugs!
Kelli said…
I am praying, Patty!

Kelli
sandra said…
HI PATTY, I WILL BE PRAYING FOR THE SWEET GIRL. SHE IS SO CUTE. PRAYERS FOR ALL OF YOU TOO. SANDRA
Sunny said…
So SO sorry to hear she is doing so poorly. But, hope is eternal. She has beat the odds so far and plucky little darling can again.
Praying here big time.
Mrs.T said…
Oh Patty..

I'm praying and I will send out a call to my friends to do the same..

{{{{ hugs for you and your family }}}

Denise in TN

Popular Posts