Cooler Weather and Some Visitors


Cooler weather is just around the corner and I am so happy about that fact. I seem to be revived by a chill in the air. This little gnome or Tomte is also glad for the cooler weather.
I have a deep love of gnomes and tomte and have a good size collection of them. This little guy was made by me. His long angora goat hair beard reaching almost to his toes. His hat knit of homespun. His little jacket, bright red. He still needs some boots though so he is not quite ready to make a full appearance in blogland. By the time winter comes around, the wee little folk will be popping up all around the house and even in the garden and barns. Each year I try to make a few more of the little folk.
Mei-Ling had her Doctors appointment today and the tube will stay in another week or so. Another test, another Doctors visit and then an overnight hospital stay. We had hoped it would be sooner, but appreciate their caution.
Time to do some sewing....leather boots for a wee little tomte

Comments

Mimi said…
I know you wanted little Mei-Ling to be free from her tubing... but better for the Doctors to take every precaution... that to rush it... and she seems to take it so well...
what a little trouper!!!
Susan said…
Hey, Patty -

I too collect gnomes, ever since I saw, and fell in love with, the movie Amelie - I have about eight on my kitchen windowsill, two of which were presents, one from Sweden and one from Paris!

I love their sense of mischief - makes me smile every time... :-)

Popular Posts