What My Mornings Are Made Of




Sometimes the picture inspires the words and sometimes the words make me seek a picture.
This morning I can't decide which way it should be. I woke to the sky changing from darkness to an almost lavender blue morning. It was still and quiet.
Now as I look out the window, the sun in gone, covered by grayness and there is wind blowing all the branches in wild movements. Nothing seems to be moving in the same direction. It all seems random and confused. There isn't rain in the forecast, but it sure looks like it should be.
The birds are silent. Never a comforting thing in my mind. It seems un-natural and foreboding. The sun, pale and weak looking. White light and not golden and bright. Strolling around with my camera looking for something to catch my eye, I stand in one spot trying to catch the sun peeking through the clouds, looking more like a nightlight than our bright sun.
But in a moments time, I see a patch of blue sky. The heavy damp air seems to instantly feel lighter and less oppressive. My whole outlook towards this strange morning changes. Its just low level cloudiness and it will pass quickly. Funny how we are so influenced by what is around us that it can set the mood for the day and it can all change as fast as the clouds soar by.
Hornets nests, mullein, roses, bee on yarrow, Echinacea, cats kissing, pale sun and patch of blue sky. All what this morning is made of.

Comments

Alena said…
wonderful morning!!! good for you... take care, Patty...
Marci said…
I love all the pictures... Except the cats kissing of course!! =) You know me and cats. Your yard is really blooming. Right now the wild daisies are just starting to bloom. My honeysuckle is blooming. My wisteria would have bloomed for the first time since I planted it 3 or 4 years ago, but the frost got the buds. My bleeding heart is blooming and then stuff that I got from the greenhouse. I was working on getting my garden planted today.
Patty said…
flowers are such blessings
ForestJane said…
My favorite one is the cats kissing one too. :)

Popular Posts