My Walking Stuff and Melissa's Hike



Always ready for a walk or a good hike, my backpack hangs off the peg board in my living room along with my binoculars and hat.
Melissa and James went for a hike today complete with all the goodies for a picnic. Caterpillars were hanging from the sky it seemed and bugs were in abundance along with this fella climbing up a tree. Once to the lake, they decide that nature was providing way too many creepy crawly things as company so the picnic happened in the living room.

here's some quotes to think about....

"The sum of the whole is this: walk and be happy; walk and be healthy. The best way to lengthen out our days is to walk steadily and with a purpose."
Charles Dickens

"If you want to know if your brain is flabby, feel you legs."
Bruce Barton

"Two roads diverged in a wood and I--I took the one less traveled by,And that has made all the difference."
Robert Frost, The Road Not Taken

Comments

Genuine Lustre said…
I love the Dickens quote. It's too bad our towns and lives aren't set up to accomodate walkers. I ride my bike into town sometimes, but would have to deal with a 2 lane highway and 70 mph traffic to walk it. I'd prefer the cross country route, but that makes the landowners grouchy.

Polly ( who had to deal with a grouchy neighbor this weekend).
Patty said…
Hi Polly, you have touched on my next subject !
Sorry about the grouchy neighbors
Marci said…
I am so glad that Melissa shares pictures with you. It really helps keep you involved like you are there with her. She is a real keeper Pat. You are SO blessed.

Popular Posts