New Treasures




This week a package arrived in the mail from my Aunt. This is my mothers sister and I just adore this woman. She is beautiful inside and out.
In this package was a tablecloth she embroidered and a lovely linen bag also embroidered by her. Also tucked in the package was a small stack of old family photos. I was so excited to get this package. It was neatly wrapped in brown paper and felt just like Christmas as I tore open the box.
Naturally this will become a family heirloom and be passed on to one of my girls or one of their children. I have lots of treasures like that. My great grandmothers bloomers, my grandmothers baby shoes and dress. Things like that. Pieces of my history, reminders of those I have loved.
I think those treasures are the best kind, but also this week there was another sort of treasure that came into our house. The bargain treasure.
At Goodwill there was a stack of dishes. They were pretty. Had roses on them so I flipped them over to see who they were made by. Mikasa ! Oh they looked better yet to me. $3 for three dinner plates, salad plate and two cups and saucers. Couldn't pass that up. That was a real deal. Perfect for an afternoon lunch in the shade with Emery. I could just see the table set in my mind. Now the price was really good, but the deal gets a bit sweeter. I found some hemp capri's my size, tags still on them, and a cute cotton baby outfit, new with tags. The total with the dishes came to $10.75. Still a good deal, right ? I had my frequent shopper card filled so this purchase had $10 off. Meaning I got all my goodies, dishes, capri's and baby outfit for a whopping 75 cents. Not bad !

Yesterday I went shopping for wedding decorations and didn't do quite so well, but still everything was on sale.

Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Absolutely beautiful! All the treasures!!!!!
Alena said…
everything is awsome, it looks so lovely, what a fortunate buyer you are, Patty!!!
Anonymous said…
Now THAT's a great day! Gorgeous homemade linens by someone you love and such pretty crockery (crockery isn't a very pretty word for such lovely dishes is it? LOL)
Tina Leigh said…
I really want to run my fingers over the stitches! How pretty. What a deal for the dishes too!
Kelli said…
So beautiful! The dishes go perfectly. Enjoy your new things.

Popular Posts