Moving Day




When I was sewing today, cars kept turning around in front of my house. After the 10th car or so, I got up to see what was going on. Down the road a bit, there sat the fire chiefs car and beyond that, A HOUSE in the road. The sewing got put aside. I grabbed my camera and some shoes. Stepped on a nail earlier so shoes seemed important now. I headed off down the road. Sure enough a house that was on the west side of the road was now finding a new spot on the east side of the road. They were moving it across the street and a tiny bit north of where it had been. It was pretty interesting watching them prepare to just go a few hundred yards. The big fire truck parked in front of our house to block traffic and be there should a problem come up with the wires or something. It took a bunch of men to do this job.
All the neighbors were out watching this big event.
Instead of people moving, the house did.

1. the house in the road

2. the old address

3. the new address

Comments

Alena said…
Oh this is incredible, I did not know something like this is being done - anything is possible in the U.S.A. :o)
Unknown said…
Very cool. I hope you have a current tetnus shot...Stepping on a nail isn't a good thing...Hugs Tina
Patty said…
yup, as much as I am a barefoot person living on a farm, my tetnus is up to date at all times !

Popular Posts