Taking Back A Post, Sending it to the Deletians


Earlier I wrote about the crazies in my husbands family and how every family seems to have at least one.
Most of the evening I was thinking about my post and decided to delete it. Not because I don't feel that way but because it seems ridiculous to give them that much time in the lime light. Those kinds of folks seem to thrive on attention and its pointless to give them a forum. So, saying that, I deleted my post.
People can get to us, if we give them that power and like the squirrel in the picture they can gnaw at us a bit at a time so we don't see what's happening. The anger or resentment we could feel towards them could slowly erode our own personal happiness. I am not willing to give that up. So here is to forgetting about the crazies in our lives and thinking about the good folk we all know and love.


Listening to.....Eric Clapton, Cream of Clapton
Enjoying some iced water
Grateful for.... life,
the art of contemplation and reflection,
all my children and their loves in life.
For a wonderful love life,
Cool showers on really hot nights like tonight.
Short hair
Window fans, ceiling fans, and oscillating fans on stands.
Meeting old friends in random places and picking up where we left off as if no time had passed at all.
The scent of patchouli
The return of hippy skirts in the stores
Maybe next we will be wearing love beads again !


Comments

dot said…
Thank-you for this post, it was just what I needed to read this evening. It helps me get over the difficult situation that occured this afternoon and made me realize some people are just difficult and I don't have to waste my time chewing on it. Thank-you.
Granny said…
Patty: I suppose we all have them. I always tell Chad that we're not going to change those kinds of people and we will not let them change us so . . in my world, I pretend they don't exist! How's that for seeing the world through rose colored glasses? :)

Judy L.
Finn said…
One of life's saving graces, if we have the willing to see it, the ability to change our minds. To put something out there, and then,upon relfection, decide NOT to empower it after all. Well done Patty!!!! Hugs, Finn

Popular Posts