What Can I Say, I March To My Own Drum Beat

Using multicolor thread I am just winding my way around in circles. Spirals, free form and certainly not symmetrical, not perfect. Just as they happen. Reminds me of the ancient Celtic spirals and I like that. Maybe I will do free form Celtic knots up and down the sashing.
This quilt is going to go to Melissa for her birthday in June. She is thinking of heading back to school to become a Nurse practitioner, of which she would be wonderful at. I hope so does and maybe this quilt will inspire her to follow her life path, wherever it winds around to.
Hope to finish the spirals up tomorrow. Guess my cleaning schedule will just have to be put on hold. Sewing is so much more important !

Comments

Granny said…
Patty, that is gorgeous! I'm so happy to hear that you're having fun with the quilting.

I'll be cheering Melissa on in whatever she decides to do.

Judy L.
Jeanne said…
Oh, this quilt is going to be fun and happy! Yes, the cleaning will wait for you! :)

I love the imagery of a spiral -- kind of my theme for my pathway in life ... onward and upward.

Jeanne
uhoava gnu said…
That is so cool! I really really like that hippie blanket ;)
Finn said…
HI Patty, I think your free form, free hand quilting is just perfect for that happy quilt!!! And I agree with Jeanne, spirals and circles are GOOD! I'm sure your Melissa will love it. *VBS*

And thanks for you kind comments over at pieces, means alot to me...*S*
Ann said…
Very nice spirals! I'm sure Melissa will love it! I know I do!

Popular Posts