Simply Simple


In my sewing room, in the corner, is a rocker. Its a quiet place to just sit and do hand work. On the back of the rocker is an afghan my Aunt Jeanne made for me, its reversible. On chilly days I pull it around my shoulders. That room has no heat in it, just what comes in from the woodstove. I wonder if that sounds primitive, the no heat in the room part. Actually there are no bedrooms in this house with heat.
This room is painted a nice Amish dress color and the wallpaper border is Amish quilts. The floors simple vinyl that looks like wood, no carpets. Shelves on one wall hold books and fabric. The shelves are full so no more fabric buying until I use some of what I have.
Most of the rooms in my house are rather simple and I like that. It makes me feel less cluttered in my mind and less crowded in general.
I plan on lots of sitting in this chair tomorrow. A simple day for a person who is seeing more and more that stepping away from a simple life just isn't the place to be .

Comments

uhoava gnu said…
I love this simplicity! This room is so nice. Is the woodstove a big one, that gives heat to all the house, or a small one just for that room? I used to live in a small attic flat with a little iron stove. I miss that, it gave such a special atmosphere.
Patty said…
Our woodstove heats the whole house, as long as we leave all the doors open to each room : ) The kitchen can get a bit cold as it is at the end of the house
I love your sewing room. It looks so pieceful! The blue is wonderful and I absolutely love that quilt border on the wall!
Anonymous said…
The wallpaper border is gorgeous! I've never ever seen anything like that - so perfect for a "Simple Life Sewing Room" LOL. I miss our slow combustion wood fire when we were in South Australia - it really makes home so comfy in winter. Up here in Queensland, if you blink you miss winter and it's back to sweltering in front of the air conditioner again LOL. I'd love to pull up a chair and do some hand stitching with you in your lovely blue room, having a chat about life and drinking some herbal tea from a pretty teacup :-)
Laura said…
We live in an older home and have no heat upstairs where we all sleep. We are all used to pulling our sweats and turtlenecks on to go run up to bed in the winter. Mornings are always special sitting around the butcher block with oatmeal and coffee to warm up!

Popular Posts