A Sneak Peek at the Bridesmaid and Matron of Honor Fabric

Yesterday was a full day of shopping with Melanie for dresses for the bridesmaids and Matron of Honor. We found the perfect sari fabric for the bridesmaids and corresponding fabric for Melissa's outfit. The bridesmaids will have a sort of mock sari. But Melissa will wear a Choli of the print fabric and a Lehnga of the solid color. The thin solid colors fabric with the gold border will be her dupatta Melanie will have a beaded red dupatta as a veil. So as you can see the wedding will most definitely have an Indian flare to it. We are joking that it will be much like a U.N. event. Everything is falling into place nicely. Hall rented, gazebo in the park reserved, Justice of the Peace is all set. Decorations purchased. Invitations purchased. All that seems to be left is the food and finding my outfit. For Melissa's wedding I wore a Salwar Kameez from India that was beaded and very pretty yet so comfortable. No doubt my outfit for Melanie's wedding will be the same style.
Melanie and I had supper last night at the Star of India restaurant which is one of our favorite mother daughter eating spots. The food is always good there. I am a big fan of Indian food.

Comments

Inga said…
What exciting fabric! I'm waiting in eager to see your crazy quilt of the scraps of this fabric :-D

Inga
Anonymous said…
I love the sari fabric. I wore one once, a very pale blue with silver threads. They are so feminine and beautiful and wonderful to wear - in fact, I keep telling my girls we'll have to get some sari fabric and wear them here LOL. The wedding party will all look fabulous!
Oh the maid of honor and bridesmade fabrics are to die for! They are gorgeous!

Popular Posts