More Wildflower Photos


















Here are some more pictures of the local wildflowers we saw yesterday. It's taken me a few attempts to get them uploaded. Blogger doesn't seem to like me today !
These wildflowers remind me that there is so much beauty around us at each season of the year and also in each season of life. We just have to stop and look.
Driving by these flowers would have been pretty but getting out and walking in the grasses and seeing the hidden flowers made it so much more than a casual meeting. I saw the intricacies of each plant, the way the colors went together. The fussy pink flowers in the first set of pictures were so low to the ground I would have never seen them had I not been walking. Close up, and if you click the picture you will see it better, the pink ones remind me of those light fiber lamps of the 70's. Nothing is new under the sun, inspiration for all we have is so very close to us on this earth.
Driving in our cars has robbed us of the intimate relationship we can have with the beauty of the earth and of the slow and steady rhythm of steps taken on the land.

Comments

Alena said…
What a beauty!! The flowers are awsome...
Kelli said…
You have so many different varieties near you!! They are all so pretty. I saw some Queen Anne's lace near Costco. I'm going to pick some this week.

Kelli

Popular Posts