"I'm Leavin On a Jet Plane"

In just a bit over a week I will be getting on a jet, backpack strapped to my back, bag in hand and heading off to the east coast. Can't wait to see all my family. We are planning a family get together with folks coming from the west coast and from Canada. We will laugh a lot, eat a lot and just have fun.
My sister Jan sent me pictures from her little trip up to Maine this past weekend. I think she sent them to me to make me more homesick. This picture is one of hers and I love it. I can just imagine how the sand feels under my toes and how the water turns you purple its so cold. I can just feel the salty air and smell the sea.
Melissa and James will be coming down from Vermont to join us and then take me home with them for a couple days. Hope the rain stays away while I am there so we can get some hiking in, if not we are both good at having long conversations where we solve the worlds problems and we can do that right inside her cozy home. I have a mental list of all the things I have to have to eat and drink that I cannot get here. Moxie is high on the list. Love that stuff. Italian cookies, haddock, good fried onion rings, scallops. Sorry to my Vegan friends. I love fish ! Emery and I had our first date at Kelly's Roast Beef along Revere beach but we had fish. Might spend one evening in a good old Irish pub and my choice there would be a toss up between Killians Red and Some good Jamison's whiskey. Yes, its true, once in a while I partake of the strong stuff. After all I do what the song Finnegan's Wake sung at my funeral.
I am going to make a real effort to keep my blog up while I am away. But its still over a week away before I leave.
Link to Kellys http://www.kellysroastbeef.com/locations.html

Comments

Marci said…
Is Moxie a soft drink? I never heard of it. We used to get Big Red at my Grandma's. They never sold it near us. It was always a big treat. They now sell it some places here. So, I will get a hankering and while we are out, I will pick up one small bottle and be transported back to my Grandma's house.
Patty said…
Yup, it sure is, and they sell it in New England. Its kind of bitter. Tastes like some old time TONIC with some fizz. You either love it or hate it.
Sunny said…
Have a wonderful time. Sending my affection to all.

Popular Posts