We Have Super Sized Our Dinner Plates
















When I was putting away the new dishes I bought, it amazed me how big they were. Bigger than my every day dishes to be sure, but compared to the dinner size plates of the 1970's, these new ones are mammoth.
I eat most of my meals off of the salad plates that come in most dish sets now. Just too much plate and the ease in filling it, too great.
Just thought I would share the comparison of the two plates and let you think about how we are even super sizing things at home !

Comments

Brambled Sheep said…
Oooo I have a cup/bowl thing that matches the Var sa god set! Strange how things get around isn't it?
Anonymous said…
supersizing is happening in recipes too - a sugar cookie recipe from years and years ago yielded 100 cookies. The same mixture now yields 40-60! That sure is a gigantic plate LOL.
Patty, I have a confession to make. We use salad plates for dinner, too! They seem to be the right size for all of us. We only use dinner plates when we have guests!
Unknown said…
very pretty plate I love the geometric lines and color...

Popular Posts