More Fabric


Yesterday I had my one on one class on how to use my new Pfaff. It lasted nearly 2 hours. I learned so much in that time frame. I love my machine all the more now.
But also I shopped a bit. The class was in a Quilting shop after all. I did NEED thread and Melanie and Casi want an Asian theme quilt for a wedding present so.... I really HAD to look at fabric.
I found just what I wanted for their quilt and then this other fabric jumped out at me. Little Chinese children playing. Chances are I will never see that fabric when grandbabies come along so I bought a yard now. Preparedness is prudent, right ????
Its so cute. Thought I would make a little blanket, just back it with flannel and do a bit of quilting on it. Maybe even red flannel. That is a good color for happiness.
I also bought a free motion quilt foot and am having so much fun with that.
The class on my machine was free, but I sure spent some money while there. These prints were not on sale !


Comments

Ann said…
What fun fabric! Never hurts to plan ahead! I'm glad you enjoyed your class on your machine, sounds like a lot of fun!
Inga said…
Lovely fabrics. The fabrics for the wedding quilt are great! I'm glad you enjoyed your machine classes

Inga
Alena said…
Patty, the fabrics are great, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your sewing machine class, I also bought the free motion foot for my machine, but did not dare to give it a try yet, now I have some baby quilts ahead, so hopefully I will try to quilt them with the free motion stuff... and will be happy with the result :o)
Granny said…
Good choices! When I looked at that fabric before even reading your blog, I thought one of those children reminded me of one of the pictures of Melanie you've shared.

I'm so happy you now have that wonderful sewing machine!

Judy L.
Unknown said…
I absoulutley adore your fabric choice, I can't wait to see their wedding quilt when it's complete. I would find it hard to cut the Geisha Girl fabric it is so beautiful..and see I should have read all your post before asking how the new quilt is..

Popular Posts