Watering Time


Unlike my sisters in Boston, we have not had rain for a while. So this evening after we ate, I set out to water the plants out front and all the roses. In the morning I will water the vegetable garden. Simply put, I love to water. Something rather child like in playing with the hose and watering the grass, the sky, the tree tops, oh yes, and the flowers. I had fun spraying the water high in the air and watching the sun catch the spray. If Emery had been out front with me, I suspect he would have gotten a good soaking. Again, simple fun, filled with childlike enthusiasm. Sure beats sitting on the sofa watching Television together and hardly speaking.
Emery spent his time trimming off the old dead leaves from the bottom of the yucca. Not a pleasant job at all and one he has been putting off. Those things poke you !
Its dark now and we had to come in. The street lights came on and still at our age that is the signal that its time to head in the house. Too dark to work. It used to be that the street lights coming on signaled it was too dark to play. Guess I made my work seem like play tonight.
It will be an early to bed night for me. Lots to do in the morning before it gets too hot. They are saying temperatures will near 100 tomorrow. Getting the hard work done before noon is a must on days that hot.
Finished the tie dye quilt tonight. Will post a picture in the morning. I like how it came out. It was a fun project but now I am working on something far more subdued.
Went to the quilt shop today to buy thread. Came out with a much bigger bag that what is needed for a couple spools of thread. Just couldn't pass up the $1 a fat quarters on sale. Oh and then there was this violet fabric, and on the way out I saw this baby fabric.


Comments

Anonymous said…
Now Patty! Didn't I read in a previous post that your fabric shelves were all full and you weren't going to buy any more, LOL! There's just no cure for us fabricaholics.

I finally found some Croc shoes at the local shoe store - they just came in. Can't decide between the hot pink, purple or navy, although the hot pink ones sure do look nice :-)
Melanie said…
Remember--Fabric and thread are cheaper therapy than a psychiatrist....I say 'Go for it'!!! I'm jealous of the flowers, we had frost last night...

Melanie
Patty said…
Sandra, Go for the hot pink ! Mine are bright orange and its sorta like having shoes that go with nothing but its more fun to be interesting than to match : )

I finished two quilts yesterday so I had to reward myself by buying more fabric RIGHT ?????

Popular Posts