I Slept Wrong Last Night

Happened again, I slept wrong and woke up kinda stiff. Seems like I sleep wrong more these days. When I was a kid, it never happened. Even in my 20's and 30's I don't remember ever sleeping wrong.
Last night we had storms again and the fan was blowing on me and I suspect the damp air made it worse. Probably blowing that air on my muscles and made them a bit stiff. Don't ya think so ?
My husband, in a good natured sort of way, laughs at me when I complain that I slept wrong. Since sleeping wrong is my explanation for just about everything. He says its simply the fact that I worked hard the day before and that as we age the body complains some. Can you imagine him thinking that ? No way, not me. I am not old enough to get sore from hard work. He does though. Which is o.k. since he is 8 years older than me. He will be 60 this July. 60 does seem older. I remember thinking my grandparents were ancient when they were 60. One foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel sort of thing at that age.
Emery will wake up some mornings after chopping wood or building some grand scale thing and say he is "stoved up". Never heard that phrase before I met him, but remember I was a city girl and no one I knew worked hard physically. When Emery wakes up and says he is stoved up, we just let him alone for a while until he gets moving good again. Usually takes an hour and then he is fine. Its a bit like watching the Tin Man in the Wizard of Oz.
Now me, I just sleep wrong. Simple as that. No aging thing happening to me. Emery reminded me that I mowed 1/2 an acre yesterday. Not with some city slicker riding mower or even a self propelled thing. Just a small mower that makes you work up a sweat. Did 3 big loads of wash, which happens to involve lugging the heavy baskets outside and hanging them up.
Mopped and waxed about 1200 square feet of floor space, scrubbed two bathrooms from top to bottom, showers too. Cooked a big meal and tidied the entire house.
Still that seems a bit normal work load for me so really I am slow going this morning simply because I slept wrong last night.
Maybe I need a new pillow. Sure can't have anything to do with getting older.
On a side note here, I get an email every day from Dr Weil, today's subject "Embrace Aging". Wonder if he sleeps wrong too sometimes ?

Comments

Patty said…
Hi Tracey, I am more than willing to embrace aging as long as it doesn't come with limitations !!!
I love the part about getting older and wiser and all that, but I still want to jump off loading docks at the feed store and not feel like my shins are being pushed up into my thigh : )
Mattress is new, and a good one. Can't blame it at all : (
Kelli said…
Hmm...this is a simple case of needing a new pillow. Oh, and the weather. ;0)

Kelli
Granny said…
I've heard "stoved up" all my life but never thought much about it. I get up stiff almost every morning and kinda hobble for about half an hour before everything gets to working right. It's isn't age with me either -- I'm not stoved up and I didn't sleep wrong . . not sure what I can blame it on.

I'm sure the damp wind didn't help. I've wondered if taking an aspirin before I go to bed would make things work better when I get up. Any thoughts on that?

Judy L.
Patti said…
Your post made me chuckle. "I slept wrong" is common expression around here. Usually it means a crick in the neck or a shoulder pain or something like that. And "stove up" means one's head is really congested from allergies or a bad cold. I find different regional meanings of phrases very interesting.

Popular Posts