Rambling Around My Own Backyard







Today is probably a big shopping day for some folks, that extra day off from work. I decided to do a little natures window shopping. Shopping for photos that speak about my ordinary day filled with extraordinary sights. I would much rather look at the colors and sights in nature than walk in a mall. The air clean, silence all around me. My thoughts my own and no one forcing "wants" on me by way of maze like isles, designed with knowledge on how our brain works and how we look to this direction more than that and how this way will take you to the next item, carefully displayed to reach into our brain and make us loose reason. Feeling like we NEED what we don't.
This morning I stepped off the back step, painted white, a silly color to paint steps since it shows the myriad of cat and dog prints daily, but off the bottom step, a tiny bit of blue, a weed, which in reality "weed" is only the name of a misplaced flower, this blue greets me, calling me to examine it. Perfectly made. Creation at its finest. Morning glories have won the battle, they grow where they want, no matter how I have pulled them up. They will strangle the vegetables in no time if let to go on their own. So pretty, but another misplaced flower that can be called weed at times.
Mullein ready to bloom. Dip the blooms in wax and you have torches to light the night. Pull the blossom, carefully with tweezers, put them in olive oil and you suddenly have medicine for ear aches. Sunflowers all around me. Another weed, until you decide you like them. Bouncing Bet, or soapwort, taking over the small spot I had planted them in. Lightly fragrant. Much like an overgrown mutant carnation. I like them.
Blue sky, fluffy clouds. Summer.
Out front, flower beds, old and rambling, full of color. Planted more out of like for the plant than for any arrangement but it turned out well. English garden look, maybe. Gardens should be planted for the love of the plant, rather than for proper placement in the eyes of graph paper. Tiny spiders, zig zag stitches extraordinaire. I never made it to the back of the property, my walk well designed by Nature, took me to the next spot naturally and with ease. So many places to look in a small area. Simple life. No money spent shopping for me today.
I haven't even brushed my hair or put on shoes. But I heard the tiny house wren calling out to another, and saw the red of the cardinal jump from branch to branch. Hawks soared overhead, a crow in hot pursuit. Couldn't ask for a better morning.

Comments

Alena said…
what a woderful colors, lovely flowers, cute photos, thanks for sharing your morning, Patty
Sunny said…
Girl, I'm with you. Shopping is WAY down on my list of things to do. About on the level of going to for a medical appointment. Blech! Lately they have to REALLY convince me we need something before I'm willing to take on one more possession anyway.
Well, guess you saw what we like to do for an evening out.

Popular Posts