Self Therapy : )


It probably comes as no surprise to any of you that I don't like pictures of myself. It would be very easy for me to hand my camera to Emery and ask him to take a picture. But I am always whining, " I look to fat". " My hair is a mess" or " I am bloated" . So the poor man never gets to take a picture of me.
But today I was thinking, why not show you the worst picture of me, face it all and just get over with it. Then when I share other pictures of me with you, you will be thinking I look pretty good. And besides it has to be some sort of therapeutic thing to share your most horrid picture when you have " PHOTO PHOBIA" . Sounds reasonable to me anyway. So here I am just stepped off the treadmill (too hot outside to run) after running 6 mph for a couple miles. Think I took a break once between miles for a minute to answer the phone. The angle of me holding the camera makes my nose look kinda big, and lets just say the flash makes my coloring a bit off. But I am sending it anyway. Have a laugh, its ok. Don't feel bad.
So here I am, all sweaty, hair a mess and of course no makeup or jewelry. Not that I wear any anyway.
How's that for facing up to my photo fear phobia ???

I am woman hear me roar !

Comments

Marci said…
I think you are cute as ever Pat. You are comfortable with who you are and that is OK. We all need to be there.
Patty said…
Thanks sweet friend. I just figure I need to get over my not accepting myself : )
Unknown said…
You are so funny, you look wonderful, I see the kindness in your eyes which are always smiling and I love your curly locks...It's good to feel comfortable in our shoes always be happy with yourself there is no one like you..Hugs Tina
Jeanne said…
Well, howdy Patty! :)
{{{HUGE HUGS}}} to a REAL PERSON!!
Jeanne
ForestJane said…
I too, dislike seeing pictures of myself - maybe if I were a thin model, I wouldn't, but somehow, I think I'd rather be a round, short, fat quilter with a lot of friends than a tall bony model who's always worrying what people think of her clothes and makeup.
Anonymous said…
You have a wonderful sense of humour! You're way more brave than me LOL. Congrats on doing your walking too! I love the story of Melanie and the man who was going to own your house - small world :-)
What clear skin, what lovely blue eyes! I think you look just fine!
Be happy, it's the best beauty treatment there is!
Lynda (UK)
Clara....in TN said…
Pat....the only thing I can think of to say is.......WHAT A WOMAN!!! We all need to show our "real" face.
Kelli said…
Just lovely Patty. Such pretty eyes and a kind face. I love the short hair too. :0)

Kelli
Christine said…
Oh Patty! Don't we all look a fright with no makeup, sweaty after exercise!! You look great compared to what I look like!!
Patty, God created us with no make up and all that stuff, and I honestly, strongly think that a woman not decked up needs no apologizing.

This made Morning R. more real though. Thanks!
SuBee said…
Patty -- you look "Maaahvalous!" You look the person we all want to give and receive hugs from. And those photo demons? I have and hate them also, but I let my great-grandchildrens' voices ring in my ears. 40 years from now, I don't really want a child to ask a parent, "What did GranGramma look like" and have the answer be "We're not sure, she never had pictures made"
Your decendents will think you're as beautiful as your life and your writings!

Popular Posts