Its Like Coloring Outside The Lines !




It seems owning this free motion quilting foot has helped create a bit of a monster.
You remember "Wild Thing" that crazy bright quilt I did sorta just cutting and sewing ? No plans to it, just happened.
I have been playing with that quilting foot on that quilt non stop. It feels like the freedom of being able to color outside the lines for the first time !
Whatever comes to mind, happens. Simple as that. No formula to follow, just letting "Wild Thing" be more wild yet.
Of course the work is primitive at best. Much like a child coloring with no perimeters. But what fun it has been. I ever wrote WILD THING on one of the blocks.
Anyway, here are some pictures. Its not done yet, but getting there pretty fast.
In the years to come I am sure there will be many laughs over the way its been done, but for now, its just plain fun.

Comments

Anonymous said…
A monster indeed! I love it and am glad you are enjoying the process - the quilting motifs fit just right. I have a friend who struggles with free motion because it doesn't look "right". I think some quilters are scared of "ruining" a quilt top by not having perfect stitches. I used to think like that but not any more - life's too short to worry about perfect stitches - having fun is much more important when it comes to our hobby :-)
dot said…
I really like the fun in this quilt and boy are you adding to it with your wild quilting. Enjoy and I agree with Sandra, like is too short to let a stitch or two bring you down. Keep posting those great pictures and stories.
Finn said…
Hi Patty, love that you color outside the lines..at least sometimes..*VBS* Best liberated feeling in the world, I think.

I drive my sister crazy(which I can't figure out) when I, in my OWN coloring booking, decide to just color the parts I like in a picture...LOL

Yes, the two of us still have color books and crayons..*G*. It seems simple to me, just color the part you feel like coloring. It doesn't have to make sense to anyone else...does it???*VBG* Hugs for almost everything, including Thai food, Finn
Granny said…
Patty, there are so many quilters who have had the free motion foot for years and have been too intimidated to try it. I am so happy to see what you're doing!!

Judy L.
Unknown said…
Patti, I love this quilt I think you need to send it to me...HeeHee:-) Tell me what a free motion foot is I have never heard of one I don't think. I have a Janome 4800 Quilters Edition and I don't think we have a foot like that...I'm off to the International Machine Quilters show this afternoon after my raidiation if I'm feeling upto it...Hugs Tina

Popular Posts