Some Thai Cooking

Thought I would make a Thai meal tonight for us. Casi's father is Thai and Chinese and has had a couple of Thai restaurants so its a bit intimidating for me to try some new Thai recipes out on Casi.
For years, more than I can count, I have eaten Chinese canned fake meats. They are made for Buddhist who will not eat meat. I just love them, especially the mock abalone. Tonight I used the mock pork to make a spicy peanut bake. It came out great.Also made our usual fried brown rice and a Thai vegetable noodle dish that has a peanut sauce on it.
Everyone enjoyed the meal and to go with it I had fresh mint tea from the garden. Sweetened with a bit of organic sugar.



Comments

La Tea Dah said…
Yum yum! I love the mock meats too --- especially the 'duck'. I worry sometimes, as I cannot read the Chinese on the label, but so far so good! LOL! Two of my dearest friends lived in Thailand (one years ago; one just returned after ten years). Both have taught me much about this country and have shared some terrific recipes! Thanks for sharing!
Unknown said…
Yummy I love Thai Food my very very favorite......My favorite is fresh spring rools and oh the noodles... You my friend inspire me always to cook. Right now I have to have a fairly bland diet not easy for me but with the way my tummy has felt the last two days it's been a little easier...Tina

Popular Posts