Just A Bit of a Chat




Once again we had a wild night of storms. They said on the weather that our area has had 6 inches of rain in the last 36 hours. Every night for the past week, just around 11 pm, the storms have rolled in. Lots of lightening and thunder. Personally I am not thrilled by the sound of thunder. Its a but unnerving to me.
Last night it was that long drawn out rumbling that seemed to last several minutes each. With the amount of thunder, it seemed as though it was a continuous rumble for several hours. Its hard to sleep through it.
There was a tornado about 60 miles south of us. Hit the industrial area and not any houses that I heard of.
Spring in Texas ! Our little area seems so protected. People around here call it the "Holy City" as it seems to be always spared from hail and high winds.

One thing that has come from all the rain this week is an abundance of wild flowers. The roadsides are loaded with pink evening primrose, and yellow daisy looking flowers. Mexican Hats and then these purple flowers which I have not looked up yet so I don't know their name. The ones in the picture were just across the road in front of my house. There is a whole field of them.

The Kittens have their eyes open a tiny bit now. Seems like they have gotten a bit more active too, but still so helpless. I want to keep them all !

Yesterday I sat on the ground like a child and watched the kittens and played with them for the longest time.
Amazed at how perfect creation is and the miracle of birth so evident. Baby animals are so cute. Simple as that.

Nothing much planned for today besides sewing. With all this rain, the hiking trails are a mess. Maybe tomorrow we will brave them. The rivers should be full and pretty and I can just imagine the pictures that are waiting to be taken.
When I am outside, surrounded by nature, it seems as if things all come together for me. As if life's lessons are clearly spoken by what is seen. The way the natural world is, the interaction of plant and animal or just the way the wind dances in the trees, seems to hold profound wisdom when compared to the way we live our lives. It seems as if all the answers are there for me, if I just take the time to look, listen and relate things. You just don't find those kinds of answers in a store or inside.


Stormy skies
Echinacea plants in bloom in my garden
the unknown wildflower
the kitten with its eyes just opening

Comments

Unknown said…
I haven't been on the internet for a few days so I'm catching up with you as you can see from all my comments. How did your sewing lesson go and do you love your new machine????
I thought about you tonight when I heard about the storms in Texas I am glad the storms didn't have any damaging effects to all of you...
Hugs Tina
Kelli said…
The kitties are sooo sweet! Do they have names yet?

Kelli

Popular Posts