Feels Like Summer !


It's a warm day today. All the window fans are in the windows and ceiling fans are on too. I miss the coolness of the last few days.
The afternoon sun is streaming in the front windows, certainly casting golden rays here and there in the living room but also making it a bit warmer than I can appreciate.
I sat in my sewing room and did some machine quilting. A new thing for me but it was fun and practical for the baby quilt I am working on.
Most Mondays the day is quiet and spent catching up on what did not get done over the weekend, but today I had lots of errands to do.
Wedding plans push you into action ! Melanie and I did some shopping for her reception today. Paper plates, tablecloths, table decorations and a bunch of other needs. I came out of one store with 7 bags !
We are being frugal so although it sounds horrid to have 7 bags full of things, we shopped carefully and got good bargains.
Later I went to see about a place for the reception but it ended up beyond our means, so the search is still on for the right place.
On my way home I made one more stop at a store and found netting that I needed for some wedding decorations and there were bins of good quality fabric on sale. The prices were marked half of the original and then the woman came over to tell me it was again reduced an additional 50% off. Suddenly the cart was being filled up. I ended up with $162 worth of fabric for $40 and some change. There will be dresses made, men's slacks, shirts, and of course quilting fabric. It was hard to know where to quit.
After all this running around, it was nice to come home to a quiet place. This picture is of our goat Misty. She was quiet the moody goat but we still loved her. One thing Misty always knew how to do, was to relax. Here she is laying in the sun snoozing, just exactly what I wish there was time for me to do. But no, its time to sweep the kitchen floor and the hallway, then start some cooking for supper.
Eggs have been gathered, pets all fed and watered.

I have a feeling this is going to be a warm summer, when it officially gets here.

We have done some checking about getting a few "kids" (baby goats) so when the last of my chicks has left the nest, there will be something to keep me busy. I just hate to sit still !

Comments

Melzie said…
I love the goat pic, she's pretty :) Way to go on your bargains! How are your kittens? Mine, 2 of them started drnking a little milk today :) They'll be 5 wks this Thurs. xoxo melzie
Unknown said…
Gee Patty, I wish I could find fabric bargins like that....I love goats they can be onrie(sp) but so cute. How is the new sewing machine are you loving it??Hugs((())Tina

Popular Posts