Sticking Close to Home Tomorrow. A Simple Day


It seems like its been a long time since I have just rambled over my land, soaking in the sights and sounds of nature. There has been much to do in getting ready for the wedding and with all the changes in my life.
Finding that balance, that attitude where you don't throw the baby out with the bath water type thing.
Tomorrow I want to do nothing but home things. Just wake up with the sun on my face, roll over and catch anther few winks and then get up put my shoes on and explore the greenness of spring.
See the mushrooms popping up in the damp soil, or the trumpet vines climbing up the old cotton wood as if to give it some added support as the old thing leans with age.
I want to sit and spin some wool and listen to some rocky mountain music. Fix a big batch of cornbread and not think about if its good or bad for me.
I know you can make it healthy, but I want to make it good, well actually fantastic tasting. Fluffy and sweet and perfect with butter melting down the sides of a big piece.
I want to gather herbs and tie them in bundles to hang from the cedar beam in my living room. Have an old fashioned simple day. Wear my long full skirt and dream about the days of old and romanticize about them, that they were all perfect days where people were kind and had a sense of decorum.
Yup, that's what I am going to do tomorrow. Sometime during this lazy simple day I will turn on the computer and add some pictures from the simple day I will have. For now, here is a picture of a walk among some mushrooms in our yard. Yes, those are my feet in my shoes !

Comments

Lucy said…
Beautifull room :c)
Unknown said…
Now that the wedding is done and was beautiful pop over and see a few of the pictures I posted on my blog....I am with you I am looking forward to a simple day of sewing and rest....I'm catching up on all my favorite blogs today to see what I have been missing the past week...Luv and Hugs Tina

Popular Posts