Influence of Experiences

The colors in this photo are true earth colors. Matter of fact, they were so beautiful to me when I saw them last week that this week I have noticed myself being drawn to items in these colors.
I bought a table runner in shades of greens, burnt sienna and sand colors. To be honest the connection to my new interest in these colors didn't connect until I was checking through my photo files and saw this picture. I enlarged it so it filled the computer screen and just looked at it for the longest time and then it hit me, its the very same colors as my new table runner and my two new plates, the big huge ones I shared earlier this week on my blog.
Perhaps I am craving the experience we had when hiking this trail, the way the damp earth smelled, the way the water sounded as it fell over the rocks, or the way the cool air felt on my face. Perhaps it was all of those things.
If fabric shopping could have been justified by me, perhaps my choices would also be influenced by this moment in time, when what I saw filled me with good feelings.
Even my food choices have been things like dark green steamed broccoli, sweet potatoes and today, tamales.
We looked at new furniture the other day. Our couches are 18 years old, and have been through the majority of our children's lives. Its time to pass them on now. When looking at new couches, both my husband and I were drawn to two colors, green and brown. The very shades of the two colors in the picture.
Neither one of us would ever say those are our favorite colors, so we surprised ourselves over the choices.
Now it seems to make sense.
Makes you wonder in how many ways we are influenced by our experiences .

Comments

That is quite interesting, and I like those colors a lot too.

I just stopped by to say- Happy Mothers' Day, Patty!
Sunny said…
Yeah, the influence of experiences. Colors..green, brown, earthy...experiences...tee-hee, getting a memory...ha-ha!

Ice..Ice...WO-OD!

Harold Parker State Park
Patty said…
what would we have ever done without Harold Parker ?????

Popular Posts