Tackling the Difficult Things

Today was my day for tackling the difficult things, you know the things you put off doing because they are unpleasant or require us to step outside of our comfort zone.
It was the day for me to go down my mental list of such items and cross them off, mark them as done.
Amazing how good it feels to get them out of the way.... I went to the County Clerks office to file some business papers, that sort of thing and then went and had my pneumovax shot. Its been 5 years since my last shot and if you have had pneumonia as many times as I have had and had it as bad as I have, you sure don't want to NOT have the booster shot. I am all for natural remedies etc, but when it comes to pneumonia, I don't mess around so I went and had the shot, its just not my favorite thing to do, but glad now its done. Of course the shot has mercury, so now I am going to detox. I can use a good cleansing anyway.
It was just a day of doing a handful of those kinds of things. At the Doctors office I had to get weighed and that in itself was a hard thing !
Today was a lesson for me, not sure I will remember it, as we tend to put it out of our mind how good it feels to get the hard things in life done when faced with them. But I feel accomplished today. No nagging in my soul of remembering what I should do but don't want to. Everyones personality is different on this subject. Emery is one of those people that LOVES to get the difficult things done quickly, get them out of the way. I am just the opposite, hold off until the very end. I work well under pressure and deadlines.
Had to stop at Goodwill today when I was out and found a fantastic deal, brand new Børn shoes. Tags still on them, my size...$3 A good find for sure....maybe my reward for tackling the difficult things.


Comments

Popular Posts