October Morning



The sky slowly lightens, chasing away the night. Dark clouds hang in the sky, marching slowly across the wide expanse...slowly they pass, with the speed likened to a child dragging their books off to school when they know a test is to be taken after making the choice to play instead of study.
Lamp light casts its final glow of the morning as breakfast is eaten. Chores are done, time for food and conversation. But, all too soon Emery leaves for work and I have time to tackle the dishes of last nights family meal. There is something easy and gentle about this day.... it feels so nice.

Comments

Lib said…
I Love your oil lamps.I use alot of oil lamps and candles.
Your Grands are growin fast. So Precious.You Are BLESSED!!!!!!!
Blessins',
Lib
Patty said…
Yup, Lib I feel very blessed
Cathy said…
I just wanted to let you know that I just recently discovered your blog. I have really enjoyed going through some of your entries. Your pictures are fabulous also. You have a beautiful family and a lovely home. I have added you to my blog favorites.
Blessings,
Catherine
Patty said…
Thanks Catherine !
Aunt Jenny said…
I just love the glow of lamplight..candles too. Your photos are always so so nice. Coming to your blog is always a high spot of my day!
Mimi said…
How peaceful it is in the early morning...and the lamp light makes everything seem even more peaceful...
Have a blessed day!!
Unknown said…
I just wanted to post a little comment to you this morning to let you know how much I enjoy your blog. I've been reading it for several months now and look forward to it everyday. Your way of life and your outlook on life are truly inspirational and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate your honesty. Have a wonderfully, beautiful day!
Anonymous said…
What a sweet picture of Emery by lamplight. I don't know what is brighter - the lamp's warm glow, or the loving glow in his face as he poses for a photo taken by his bride. Lovely!

Popular Posts