What A Busy Day !



Yesterday after cleaning out my closet and dresser, it was time to head off for some serious clothes shopping. Keeping in mind that I want a classy, well planned wardrobe. A few well chosen items, that will mix and match.
I found two wonderful pairs of black pants, 2 sizes smaller than a year ago by the way. A wonderful Jacket, tan and black tiny tiny check. Also found a wonderful silk blouse to match in that nice tan color.
Found three leather purses, all designer labels on everything, and two pair of shoes. All for under $25
No one needs to know when they see me that I shopped thrift stores but the clothes are all well made, look brand new and suit me well. While in Goodwill I found a wine rack, and a wicker bassinette for the guest room. Good place to keep my baby dolls or a grandchild when one arrives. Think I will smock a bassinette liner for it. Tiny pink flowers amid yards of ruffles !
Today, I got a chance to shop two doors down at a yard sale. Found a Lane recliner, wing back, perfect colors to go with my new furniture, $50. The woman bought it for her husband last fathers day and he didn't like it, so she sold it. I am thrilled to pieces with it. She had such nice furniture for sale, but I stopped at the one piece.
I carried the beastly heavy thing into the house myself. Glad I work out ! I wanted to have it all placed when Emery gets home from work.
After hauling it in from the back of the station wagon, I went to pick Melanie up so we could pick out her wedding cake and the flowers for the big day. By 4 in the afternoon, we were both wilting in the heat. A stop at Starbucks was just the thing to do. Refreshed by one of those Pomegranate Frappachinos, I am ready to fix our evening meal.

Starbucks in our food store
Melanie happy with all the wedding plans
Emery comfortable in his new chair

Comments

Anonymous said…
You DO find wonderful bargains! It's nice to get new things, especially when they cost so little :-)
Lucy said…
You have done a lot in the heat !!

And your daughter is so beautiful. In my mind I see you both together and do the shopping :-)
Great chair for your husband .
Kelli said…
What a nice day you had. Melanie is so pretty! :0)
Kelli

Popular Posts