The Chesapeake Collection Has Arrived



The furniture store called early this morning saying the truck would be here between 2 and 6 this afternoon with our furniture.
Great, that gave me time to hit the quilt shop for some thread I needed to do some embroidery on the flower girls dresses plus I needed more stabilizer while I was there. By some miracle, I came out of that store without any fabric. It even shocked the store keeper !
Went to the health food store, and post office, (more money orders for eBay wedding things) and made it home in time to prepare lunch for Emery.
By 2, I was feeling a bit undecided as to how to spend my time. Knowing full well the minute I put paint in the tray and start painting walls in the new guest room, the truck would arrive. By 2: 30 I thought, well, I want my furniture NOW so I will paint. Not a lie, within 15 minutes there was a knock on my door, the Chesapeake Collection had arrived. I just love saying the name, it sounds sooooo "Hyacinth Bucket-ish" The truck did not have a royal crest on it though. For you "Keeping Up Appearances" fans you know what I mean.
The sofa is large, actually it looks huge to me, (it seemed smaller in the huge showroom) but one man, and I will say he was a BIG man, carried this sofa in by himself, on his head. I have never seen such a big man in all my days. The other fellow was big but compared to this other fella, he just seemed small. The second man carried the chair all by himself. They worked so fast and so efficiently, I was truly impressed. I let them keep their shoes on and did not tell them to mind the wallpaper or my newly finished flooring. Again, "Keeping Up Appearances" scenes. I just love that show !

Prior to my stop at the quilt shop I had stopped at another store and got a yard of fabric to re-do my chairs at the cafe table. But a yard, whats that ? A yard doesn't count for something like coving a chair seat, its not for quilting after all.
New furniture is almost like having a stranger in the house. I keep looking at it, wondering who it is. It will take a while for it to have that "you belong here" feel to me. I glace at it quickly and it almost startles me. The old stuff we had since 1988, you kind of get attached after that many years. This new furniture seems like "company" the kind you hardly know.
I wanted to plop down on my new furniture and give it a proper try, but I had my painting clothes on so sat on the floor and looked at it for a bit. I like it, it fits. I am ever so grateful for it, but wouldn't you know, my mind has been racing with thoughts of "maybe next month we could get one more wing back chair, and then I really liked those tables they showed with it and oh I have to have those two other chairs for under each south window." Of course I need new lamps now too and a couple flower arrangements and really I don't have a tea set that goes well. Won't Emery be thrilled to hear what I have been thinking about all day !
Oh forgot, I need new valances or drapes too now.
Greed, give a woman a few new pieces of furniture and it turns her into a "must have" decorator.

I need to get back to my painting, hope to have things in the Shabby Chic room done by tomorrow night.
Odd thing about all this decorating, it seems to me, all the other rooms need to be caught up to speed now.
Woman's work is just never done, is it ?

Picture # 1 The Sofa

Picture # 2 The chair and it is the same upholstery as the sofa, just looks dark in the picture

Picture # 3 fabric to cover the seats of the chairs at my cafe table

Picture # 4 what I want next, two of them, to go under the windows on the south end of the room.

Comments

Sunny said…
Patty, that is BEAUTIFUL furniture. Looks strong enough to last for decades too.
Patti said…
It's beautiful Patty. Looks very different from your other furniture - more formal. It definitely looks like furniture to drink "afternoon tea" with!
Tracey said…
ROFLOL!!! Patty, I *know* what you're saying!! I lived it all last year! I would get one room done and the room next to it would look like garbage...it's just a vicious cycle I tell you!! :oP

Your new furniture is beautiful!! Go have a rest on it and ENJOY!!
Sunny said…
At first glance I read the word "Chesapeke" as "cheapskate"-but the pictures did not match that description so I had to look again.
Kelli said…
Your new furniture is just beautiful!! It looks so soft and perfect for cozying up in with a good cup of tea!!
It looks lovely up against your wood floors too!
Kelli
Ramona-quilter said…
Patty,
The colors are very rich and warm. Looks great with the wood floors. It looks like that chennile fabric. Very nice.
copperswife said…
The new furniture is gorgeous! So very elegant. I have to tell you I was LOL at all the Hyacinth quotes! We love that gal here and quote her quite often!
Christine said…
What BEAUTIFUL furniture!! And it suits you! Beautiful, detailed, delicate, strong and elegant. What a treasure!

Popular Posts