A Ramble, plain and simple

It was 100 degrees here today. It didn't seem too bad to me. I rushed here and there running errands, and looking at furniture. We did finally buy a sofa and chair tonight, they will be delivered on Friday.
It was so hard to pick furniture. I like traditional furniture but have this woodstove and all this cedar woodwork to deal with. I love the woodstove mind you and the cedar woodwork but its hard to match with my furniture tastes. Formal doesn't seem to work with those aspects of the room.
We eventually found something that was someplace in between styles. The colors are darker than what I thought would be my choice but then it matches the oriental rugs on the floor.
By Friday night we will have it all arranged and looking like its been here for a long time.
Its been a tough week for me. The youngest boy we adopted has been contacting me by email just about every day . I have had a struggle trying hard not to get suckered in by his deception.
A mothers heart seems to always want to have hope. Everyone is working to keep me in line and one quick read of his myspace and I am on the right road pretty fast.
My dad has been calling often and I just love it. I love hearing his voice. Its deep but almost melodic. A comforting voice to me. He is doing so well and having fun doing the things he loves so much and hadn't done in a long time. I have always been a daddy's girl. In my eyes my dad can do no wrong and can do any and everything. My own daughters feel that way about Emery.
When I was feeling a bit sorry for Scott, my dad would remind me of all we did to help him and all that he did to harm us and remind me that "its over" and its best to keep it that way. My dad is wise and I trust his wisdom. Everyone tells me the same thing you see, but when your dad tells you something, even when you are 51 and soon to be 52, well you still listen. You just don't even say, "but...." and make excuses.
Thanks Dad for being so wise and so kind and so good.

My dad as a wee one and then again on the day he tried out for the Little Rascals. He sure was a cutie !


Comments

Genuine Lustre said…
I feel that way about my dad too. He's irreplaceable.
I can't believe your dad tried out for Little Rascals, lol!
My dad's childhood ( he's 77) must have been just like the rascals, from the stories he and his brothers tell.
R. Aastrup said…
So do I! I, too, talk with him, and my mom, just about every day. It's good to share and...still...get advice from someone I've loved and trusted for so long.
Marci said…
Pat, I am so glad you were able to pass that relationship connection on to your girls. It is VERY important for a girl to have a great relationship with their Dad. It helps us to better connect with our heavenly Father. I love all your coordinated breakfasts and luncheons and teas. It draws at something in me. I am so plain at times. Not plain like the Amish or Mennonites, but very basic in what I do. Maybe it comes from living with only men. I have 4 brothers, and now I live with my husband and son. Hmmmm..... You have me wanting a more gentle something....
kaivegan said…
You are blessed to have a dad like him but he's also blessed to have a wise daughter like you.

Patty, I just stopped by to say hi!
I was reading your post down below about removing blogs from your list, but I guess I came in late.

I've done a few of that recently, too, for good reasons. Sure, they might wonder, and feel bad. But we do have our reasons and objectives in blogging and so I hope people will learn to understand when that happens...

Popular Posts