Generations of Weddings





With all the wedding plans, I was thinking about the weddings in my family through the generations.
I eloped so there are two slides of our wedding. Not one print. I had the flu so bad the day before our wedding, my photos are less than glamorous.
But still, we should have one made into a print for history sake.
My great grandparents, William Seward Neil and Alberta Jane Hines were married as the century turned and although their wedding photo shows the damage of the years, it is still a treasure. But how serious they looked on their special day !
Emery's grandparents, Loren Franklin Lockwood and Anna Levina Haun were married on the 30th of June 1912, he was 21 and she was 25.
My grandparents (maternal) eloped so no photos exist from their wedding. My grandmother was 17 and my grandfather 18.
My mother and father, married in 1942. He was in the Marines at the time and looked quite dashing in his uniform. They were married in my grandparents home. I can't find the picture of them together but did find one of them as they headed off on their honeymoon.
Next is Melissa and James, married now for a year and a half. Each picture we have of them, they are smiling, not like the pictures of old.
I love family history and the pictures that tell the story.
By winter, our family will have Melanie and Casimir's picture to add to the family book as well as Steven and Pricilla's picture.


Comments

La Tea Dah said…
And it's not too late for you and your beloved to have your own wedding photo taken. Do it now! It would still count!!!!!
JacquiG said…
I left a comment on this on Saturday, but I was posting from the Library in Toronto and maybe they are not set up to allow posting.

Anyway, I was at a friends on Friday evening and on the wall in her living room was a photo frame that had 5 oval photos, 5 different generations of wedding photographs, from her own to her great-great grandparents (all generations on her father's side). The older generation was not a wedding photo (they were married in 1827), but a photo of the couple as they were older. What a wonderful legacy of past generations that photo is. She has had other members of her family ask for a similar thing, and her niece who is getting married next month has asked for one as a wedding gift.

Jackie in ON

Popular Posts