Nothing Much To Do These Days, Right ????


Not much going on in my life right now, so thought I would paint the kitchen.....o.k., so there is a lot going on right now in my life, such as 26 days and counting till the wedding.
I took off my oh so chic clothes and opted for the one and only tee shirt I own beside my Hummer/Bummer tee shirt from Whole Foods. Put on these outrageously huge paint splattered, modern art on the seat, Capri's. I forgot to comb my hair as inspiration hit late last night and I woke up running. The kitchen was part of my past, that Amish look and I needed to move on. Now we are going to have a French Country White look with perfect art work on the walls, (yet to be found) or perhaps I will paint a mural, one never knows what can happen in any given 24 hours around here.
Somewhere in between painting, and pulling off shelves that once held gallon jars of flour, sugar, oats and that sort of thing, I made a pretty tasty lunch of meat loaf, steamed new red potatoes served with fresh from the garden tomatoes.
Around 3 pm it seemed I was loosing steam so a huge glass of iced coffee flavored with Starbucks Gingerbread syrup, hit the spot and the caffeine gave me a second wind. No stopping me now.
Life is so exciting, so full of opportunity. Tomorrow, a new looking kitchen to have breakfast in. That is fun.

The once wooden wall over the stove that holds all my cast iron cookware will now be white and in time have gleaming copper pots hanging on it.

No way would I share a picture of me in my painting clothes, with hair that is a fright, so here is my paint brush and paint can. Imagine the rest : )

Comments

Sunny said…
Yeah, I can tell you are bored to tears (tee-hee). If anyone can manage to paint a mural, that'd be you. I still remember some of your artwork from high school. But, please, don't get any paint on your Hummer/Bummer tee shirt from Whole Foods.
R. Aastrup said…
Until we moved out of the old school, a painting you did hung just outside the library. It is of a sunset over the ocean...only it's a green and yellow sunset. Maybe it's not a sunset. Now that you ask (or would have) I'm not sure what happened to that picture. I'll have to ask around...
Patty said…
If I remember correctly Rondi, its probably best lost : )
JacquiG said…
I'd love to see before and after pictures of your kitchen. I don't know how you are managing to take on such a big task when your daughters wedding is so close! You are one amazing woman!!

Jackie in ON
Marci said…
I too want to see after pictures. I love how you are able to jump into things Pat. I need to be a bit braver about those sort of things and dive in as well.
copperswife said…
Wow!!! You did wake up running!!! I love the way you take the "bull by the horns", so to speak, and just get a big job done.
Tracey said…
Oh dear, I cringed when I heard that the cast iron skillets were going! I would be lost without mine.
Can't wait to see your "new" kitchen!
Patty said…
No, the cast iron pots and pans are not going, just being moved. I cook on the wood stove all winter so need those dear things. They are like part of the family : )
Unknown said…
Have fun, we have been working working on our house and it is coming around nicely...Hugs Tina

Popular Posts