Romantic Lunch for Two



In our living room there is a cafe table. Glass top, wrought iron legs. Found at Big Lots for $22. Two wooden chairs at its side. Table cloths to suit the mood always pressed and ready for use. Lunch time is often eaten at this tiny table, candle lit, sparkling glasses filled with some non alcoholic fruit of the vine, after all Emery does have to go back to work ! Food simple, but a delight to the palate all the same.
Carefully chosen music. Today, French Bistro music. Simmer pot filled with rose oil, softly scenting the room. I apologize to Emery for no flowers on the table, my last bouquet has faded. Tonight, this man of mine, will surely have a fresh bouquet for me. My hint, gentle, but did not fall on deaf ears.
Food waiting on the table as my love comes through the door. He knows I was anxious for his arrival.

He needs go no more than 10 steps until he sits to a romantic meal for two. Any stress from his morning, erased quickly.
A small piece of chocolate next to the plates, dessert enough.
We chat, we laugh, we wish he didn't have to go back to work. Leaving after such a meal, has him thinking of me all afternoon, anxious to hurry home to see me again. Romance, is often born of simple items, set together right, making memories.



Comments

Kelli said…
What a wonderful, romantic lunch you both had together! Thank you for sharing your day with us!
Kelli

Popular Posts