Just a ramble

The nights sleep has worked wonders. I feel better. Washed some pots and pans, had a bit of a breakfast and to be honest I feel up to a bit of a walk in the rain but will settle for just a trip out to the barn to do the morning chores. I have orders to stay put today. It's a cold morning compared to our resent weather and the rain has made it seem colder yet. Storms are around the corner. Some of the windows are fogged up, which delights me as there is something so reminiscent of the olden days when window panes can double as slate boards...this morning I pass on writing on the window, the adult part of me deciding it would just make more work later when I saw the need to wash the windows.
I have thought a lot about love and family the past few days, for obvious reasons. I have needed help, not something I normally need. Most anyone who knows me, knows that a fierce independent mindset of "I can do it myself" sort of rules me. This is not always a good thing. As humans we do need help from time to time and some things are better when shared and submission is not always the nasty word modern society has labeled it. And most importantly, allowing God to be in the drivers seat usually works out much better and we sure don't need to be back seat drivers for Him. We are a funny lot in a way, us humans. We find it so hard to put faith where it should be. Even thinking about "The Secret", I wonder why its so much easier for us to put our faith in this new label for a very old thing...prayer, is "the secret" and believing in it. It is putting our thoughts out there to God, and then just knowing He will answer. "Ask, believe and receive" is not a new concept. Most of us just can't wrap our minds around asking God for things we need and believing they will come our way. Not really anyway. We might say we believe, but there seems to be some seeds of doubt planted deeply inside of us. We all have been disappointed by people we love so we just transfer that doubt onto how we see God.
And much of the time we pray for God to change other people so we can like them more and God doesn't make people change. We are not His puppets. Its all our choice but He is always willing to help. We need to have a heart ready for change and more of an open heart to continue to see where change is needed. It really does take a lot more of our strength to admit we are wrong, then to just go on the way we are and maybe blame others for what's wrong.
There is always lots to think about in life. Seems like today I will have another day at home, reading, maybe working on some project quietly, with lots of time to think about life.

Comments

R. Aastrup said…
Hi Patty--I'm glad you're feeling better...I was sick one day this week, too. A rare thing for me as well...
Carole said…
I'm happy to see you're much better ! I love these little crochet hearts, they are so cute ! I would like to try some when I'm done with the gazillion WISPs I have !
Also it's always nice to see new pictures of Mei-Ling. My daughters never fail to ask if she's better now. It looks like she is, good for her !!
And I just got your comment on my blog, thank you - Yes, I had a fun time at Goodwill ; I LOVE going there, but you have to go early to get the really good deals, and now I feel pretty tired. Early night for me tonight.
Take good care of yourself - but I bet you do, and all those around you do it too, so...
Linda said…
I'm glad you're feeling better. Food poisoning is nothing to fool with....Your little hearts are very pretty and so are your grandbabies....My two sweet grandkids call me Grammy too.
Keep on getting better..

Popular Posts