Just a quiet Friday

Still feeling pretty rotten from the food poisoning. I think this experience has confirmed my thoughts about home cooking being the best ! Emery said he cannot ever remember me being this sick in all our years of marriage. Right now I am having a moment of feeling "not so horrible".
Its a gray damp day, so the fire in the wood stove feels extra nice. Its worth the work to keep it going, even though I don't much feel like it. A steaming hot mug of Tummy Time Tea is in front of me, sipping it slowly.
I can't help but think of how blessed I am to have such loving, caring family around me to nurse me to wellness. Emery took most of the day off yesterday, just to look after me. It really drove home the true meaning of Valentines day to be so well loved and cared for. The tenderness of the way he held my hand or soothed my fevered brow, meant more to me than flowers and gifts. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love the gifts too, but the real show of love is in the care, the compassion shown daily and at times like these, when sickness comes.
Hopefully tomorrow this vile Norwalk virus will be gone and life can get back to normal. Emery and I will just celebrate Valentines day a little late.

Comments

Cathy said…
Oh Patty,
I am so sorry you have been sick. Have said a prayer for you to heal.
Thinking of you.
Blessings my friend,
Cathy
La Tea Dah said…
I hope you continue to get well! I'm so sorry for the nasty virus. I ate out yesterday with a friend, and made sure to take the lemon out of my iced tea. I'd watched a UTube video on all the bacteria found on lemon slices in restaurants. Something like 88% had really bad stuff on them! Yuck! Hope you feel 100% really soon!
Marci said…
Hope you get over this really soon, Pat.
Cathy said…
I'm so sorry you aren't feeling well. I hope you have a speedy recovery. I thought of you yesterday while I was in the grocery store...I passed by the teas and saw Cherry Vanilla Tea on the shelf. :)
Patty said…
La Tea Dah,
I just watched that YouTube bit on the lemons, pretty nasty stuff. No more lemons for me !
Patty said…
Catherine, I have been enjoying my cherry vanilla tea !

Popular Posts