A Bit More on Earth Hour

Not sure why this Earth Hour thing has me so jazzed up, but it does. I have been on the computer since 5:30 am contacting favorite restaurants, the City of Ft Worth, local towns,Television stations, newspapers and most of my friends, encouraging them to participate in this event.
Please consider doing the same in your area, spread the word to your friends, your local television stations, newspapers etc. By doing so now, you give people time to plan, time to get the ball rolling. Please pass the word on about Earth Hour !


Comments

grbev said…
Hmm..mmm.mm....
Is the goal of Earth Hour to have everyone turn off everything at the same time? How will that work with the different time zones? 8:00 here is different than 8:00 in New York or London.
Patty said…
I think, according to what it says on the site, its 8-9 p.m wherever you are. It's a statement. So as far as I understand, just 8 pm where you are. So it will be at different times throughout the world.
If the whole world did it at the exact same moment, it wouldn't be dark in all the places.
JacquiG said…
I'll have to talk to DH about this. But I did send off a quick email to one of the directors where I work suggesting they might want to bring it to the attention of staff here.
Annie said…
I signed up and posted the video on my blog. Thank You for sharing this!

Popular Posts