The Saga of the New Computer

The brand new computer presented me with the dreaded "BLUE SCREEN" this morning after setting up the internet connection. If I had had false teeth, they would have dropped out. My faith in HP's has never been strong, but we decided to give them a chance as we have heard some good things about them. What little new found confidence I had in Hewlett Packard was shaken by the sight of this BLUE SCREEN, not once but three times this morning. Needless to say the delightful Geek Squad of Best Buy was called post haste. They were very nice, amazed by the crash and after taking the new computer back, they are replacing it with a new one. I sure didn't want that one back. There were none of the same models in the store so will have to wait 3 days to get the new one.
My Sony Vaio is plugging along, albeit slowly, but its still working.
We did get to watch a DVD last night on the new one and my oh my, it was wonderful. The Sony speakers make you feel like you are right at the theater.
Guess patience is going to have to be the rule for a couple days.

All that is left on the desk is the monitor

Comments

Anne said…
Unfortunately, HP does not have much to brag about these days. Zero quality, even on the printers that they claimed their fame with. Very surprised you bought that brand after research but praying that your new computer will work like a charm for many years. Good Luck! :-)
Patty said…
We have had HP printers for years. Some are good and some are o.k. but we have not had a bad one.
For the dollar, what we wanted to have media wise on the computer, HP was the best deal. We would have loved another Vaio but they are pretty costy these days. I will be getting a Vaio notebook though. Really like the way they function

Popular Posts