Morning Glory


Aine Minogue is singing on the stereo this morning, earthy, Celtic music about the cycles of life. Her music always puts me in a good mood. It's so full of energy, yet some are deeply moody. It's the kind of music that makes you want to pick up a bodhran and have fun playing along with the music. We often listen to her music while sitting around the fire pit in the summer evenings. It fits. From the haunting harp tunes of Turlough O'Carolan to the meshing of modern and ancient, in tunes older than time itself.
The morning is nothing less than glorious. You can feel the energy of spring all around. I read recently that its good for your circulation to walk a bit in the early morning, while dew is still heavy on the ground, barefoot on the cold, wet grass. Today was the perfect day to give that a try. It felt good. The tall spring grass soft under my feet, wet and cold. It's a warm morning compared to what it has been. I had no sweater on and there was something very playful, spring like in going barefoot on such a morning. I can hear my mothers voice telling me I will catch a chill. I heard that so much as a child, regarding going bare foot outside.I saw pink peach blossoms, fuzzy on the outside, ready to open. Plum trees bursting forth with pure white blooms. So many birds singing that it seemed as though this nature song had the volume turned up. Each and every tree was full of bird music. Mocking birds taking up the challenge of singing the loudest and the prettiest. It simply feels magnificent to be alive and to be able to wander through the deep grass barefooted and without anything pressing down on me to rob the glory of the moment. I felt as free as a child at that moment.
All this color and sound inspired me to set out pink for my morning tea. It fit. Healthy banana bread baked last night, now sliced, a piece for my breakfast on a pink plate with butterflies all over it. Earl Gray in my cup. Pink carnations, in a low vase, still looking good, after being purchased Saturday. I love that about carnations. They stick around a while.
Ling-Ling slept on a pile of logs, comfortable and content, looking at me with a bit of disdain as if I had disturbed his moment of peace.
Tuk-Tuk heard me and sauntered over to me like he was just "the thing". It made me smile to watch him strut, I sang a few lines of the BeeGee's song "Staying Alive" to him. He has the walk down pat that we so often put with that song. I can so clearly see handsome Mr. Gibb strutting his stuff in that white suit. Tuk-Tuk even has the right suit.
Each day I wake up thinking about how profoundly happy I am and feeling like it couldn't get any better, but each day it does get better. Counting out all my blessings and thinking about all the things one has to be grateful for, sheds such a bright light on life.
Feeling and seeing the presence of the Creator all around me, just fills me with joy. I think maybe this feeling of joy has been let loose in my life. I have been happy for years, but maybe not joyful like this. I am not really sure if I could put into words how happiness and joy are different but they are. Joy feels deeper and depends less on your surroundings perhaps. I am not sure and to be honest it has occurred to me that we don't always need definitions to understand things.
Take a moment to enjoy the day, even if it means just peeking out the window and looking up at the sky. Or seeing in your minds eye the face of someone you love. Sip some tea and count your blessings. Make a list and be amazed at how many things you can write down.
This morning is indeed glorious. Maybe time for one more cup of tea and a moment to write my children and husband notes to tell them the joy they bring me.

Peach Bloosoms
Morning Tea, in pinks
Looking out the dinning room window
Plum tree and pickets, morning shadows
Tuk-Tuk and his shadow
some weeds, just misplaced flowers !
Ling-Ling enjoying the morning
Tuk-Tuk "Stayin' Alive" walk











Comments

Rowan said…
More wonderful photos and lovely descriptive writing. Your teapot and cup are so pretty and I love the photos of the cats, especially the one of LingLing.

Popular Posts