The Day in Color




The rains of yesterday caused an explosion of color on our land.
Lilacs are in bloom, the pear tree is full of tiny white flowers, the peach tree continues to grace the yard with pinks. Grape leaves are sprouting out of what looked like dead vines. It really is amazing to watch this transformation.
Never does a day go by that I am not filled with gratitude for this simple life that allows me the joy of rambling around with my camera in hand. Strolling through patches of shepherds purse and mint, hearing nothing but the wind and the birds sing.
Every once in a while I think about becoming a bit more modern. Questioning why I want to spin my own wool, hang up my clothes, gather eggs warm from the nests, and harvest food from our own gardens, but then I think about the serenity of these simple exercises and I know just why I do them. It keeps me connected to the things I love. Natures blessings, the unfolding of the seasons, the changing sky, the cycle of the day. It gives me opportunity to think, to dream, to sit in quietness.
Walking out to the hen house, I saw so many wonderful things. I stopped to smell the lilacs, I stopped to gather some shepherds purse and see how much it rained. I was able to look up at the sky and see the clouds race and dance above me. It simply is simple pleasures. No doubt about it, I am blessed !
The bottom picture was taken at the Botanic Gardens, the rest are from my own back yard.

Comments

Rowan said…
These are beautiful photos - spring blossom is one of life's many joys isn't it? I think you are as modern as you need to be - you have a pretty idyllic life which has a lovely slow pace to it.I especially like the mental picture of you spinning, it's a craft I haven't so far learned but I would love to do so. A friend has offered to teach me so I should take the opportunity while I have it.

Popular Posts