Beauty All Around




As I write, Melanie is at the Hospital, having her pains assessed. She had a terrible day and by late this evening decided she needed to go the hospital. I have faith that all will turn out just fine, but its still a bit nerve wracking waiting to hear.
This has been a tough pregnancy for her, but we all knew it would be.
Today as I walked around the land, looking at all the wonderful signs of spring all around me, it gave me such a sense of peace and calm. The sky was breath-takingly blue, with only one or two wispy clouds to be seen across the broad span of view.
By late afternoon, the shadows were long and tall. The chickens shadows making my flock seem like two flocks, one of a peter pan variety, seeking to catch their own shadows.
It feels like it has been a long day though. Food shopping, shopping for things for the baby shower and then just watching Melanie sleep on my sofa since she wasn't to be left alone.
Making supper for all the children and taking that moment of "ahhhh" when we all sat down to eat. My weary feet resting for a bit.
As I head off to bed, I can see in my mind, fruit trees breaking forth in bloom, scenting the air near them with sweetness. Heavenly sweetness.
Beauty all around !

Melanie just called, they are keeping her overnight. Giving her meds to stop the contractions and she has an IV . I am heading up to the hospital now.

Comments

Rowan said…
I will be keeping Melanie in my thoughts today, I know how you must be feeling but I'm sure all will be well. The photographs are beautiful, how wonderful to have so much colour so early in the year. Take care and hold on to all those happy, positive thoughts.
Hope all is well, sending good vibes. God Bless. Lynda
Peggy said…
will keep melanie in my thoughts and prayers. love the spring look around your home,
JacquiG said…
Melanie will be in my thoughts and prayers today. But I'm sure she and the baby will both be fine! Thanks for posting such beautiful spring photos. With the wild winter weather we had yesterday and last night, your pictures were a joy to behold!
Marci said…
I am still praying for Melanie and Mei Ling daily.
Mrs.T said…
Ya'll are in my thoughts and prayers...
... Paige said…
Prayers and hugs!

Beautiful photos. What camera do you use?

Popular Posts