Shopping

Some ladies shop for clothes and shoes and then others like me, shop at feed stores and find things like new feed pails, de-wormers and fly traps to get excited about.
Today was spruce up the barn shopping day. I needed a new barrel to keep the goat chow in and a 5 gallon lidded pail to keep the goat minerals in. I needed things like vaccinations, de-wormer, needles, syringes, and shampoo and a new brush for the goats too. And while there I did fall prey to "want" and purchased a bag of "goat treats". Never saw those before but could almost justify that a treat of that sort could be considered a need when trimming hooves etc.
On the way home I stopped in to visit Emery at work and discovered some of the ladies from the church were having a yard sale. I found all kinds of wonderful baby clothes for Mei-Ling this winter. I know what style Melanie likes for Mei-Ling and she tells me what she likes, which makes shopping very easy plus she doesn't mind second hand items at all.

Comments

eggsintomatoes said…
Looks like you've decided to keep the goats! I'm glad. I should be getting a pair of Nigerian Dwarfs in the fall. Just waiting for them to kid and freshen before they are delivered.
Lisa said…
I totally relate to your kind of shopping! Buying stuff for animals is much more fun to me than shopping for clothes which I mostly do in thrift shops. We are keeping our goats even with high feed prices. Hopefully, I'll get lots of milk frozen and we'll have plenty to use regardless of what happens with the economy. Lisa in NM

Popular Posts