Watermelon Juice



We have had our Champion Juicer for about 25 years and it still is a workhorse for us. Today it happened to be watermelon juice making day. Yummy stuff and so good for you.
Pretty simple to make actually. (It is kinda messy though) Cut the watermelon into slices that will fit in the shoot and push them through with the plunger. Out comes sweet pink watermelon juice. Its so refreshing when served cold on a hot summer day. I used half the watermelon to make 1/2 gallon of juice. There was just one small bowl, not even half filled with pulp left over (the pulp is not fit for eating in my humble opinion, it tastes terrible) I will use the rind to make some pickled watermelon rind for the holiday season. We usually have it with our Thanksgiving meal.
The pulp will be fed to the chickens. They eat it up which means they must not share my opinion of it.
Nothing wasted !

Comments

Aunt Jenny said…
Oh my...my mouth is watering..that sounds so good and refreshing!!!!
Carrie J said…
We make watermelon popsicles. Yummy. I eat lots of watermelon for the potassium to help keep my blood pressure low. It seems to work. I've never tried just drinking the juice. I bet it would be good mixed with other fruits for a smoothie.
Anonymous said…
That looks wonderful. I bet that is great ice cold. I've made a lot of juice. I don't know why I never thought of this.
Cristan said…
I made some watermelon/strawberry juice on Friday night...I've never burped more in my life! hahah! I'm sure you were just dying to know that!

Popular Posts