"The Quest"


The Quest
~Herald G. Phelps~
Sometimes we wonder
Where happiness lies.
Is it found on the ocean
Beneath the blue skies...
Or is it, I ask you,
In travel and fame...
In love everlasting,
Or in a great name ?
We search for it,
Yearn for it
Year after year,
And come back to find it
Awaiting us here...
In the warm clasp of friendship,
The light of a smile...
The cheer of a comrade
Which brightens each mile.
Though riches may lure us,
And travel may call...
In the light of our fireside
We're finding it all.

Comments

Margo in Maine said…
The simple things of life....peace in my soul.....a hug....making a memory with grand kids and baking cookies....their smile...quilting with a friend for an afternoon....prayer with someone with an urgent request...a supper date with hubby....a little time alone with my thoughts...talking to my heavenly Father...that is some of what brings me happiness...and so much more...this was today...thanks for the poem..thought provoking...
eggsintomatoes said…
You seem very reflectful lately. I too, have been feeling very thankful for all the gifts in my life. The more I feel thankful, the better things get. Oh, and I picked up "The Secret" and have started reading it. Thinking those positive thoughts!
Dawn said…
Amen...loved the poem!

I like Margo's list of simple things and I think I will add...a beautiful sunset...hanging laundry on the line and watching it sway in the breeze...children squealing in delight as they play outside....
Um...I can't think of anything else right now...it's way past midnight and my brain shut off several hours ago...lol.

Hope you are having a blessed week friend!

Hugs,
Dawn
I absolutely loved this poem!! Would it be possible to put a copy on my own blog? I read your blog everyday and like the updates about your homestead and grandchildren. Keep up the great work! Cherish
Patty said…
Feel free to copy the poem for your blog.

Popular Posts