Monday Morning Joys


Sleep did its job last night and I woke refreshed and ready to get busy. Yesterday it was 105 degrees out, that is hot. Today promises to be just as hot. Mei-Ling has a Doctors appointment this afternoon and no one is looking forward to heading off to the city where it is even hotter. The baby has a nephrostogram scheduled for Wednesday and we all would appreciate prayers for this little one. This test is not pleasant in any way shape or form.
I tried to get the goats to feed on the stanchions this morning in the new barn...they showed their stubbornness and they won. Still I enjoyed having my new feed room all set up and organized.
Pepper had fun in her pool this morning, within seconds it looked like a mud bath, thanks to all her running in the dirt and then jumping in the pool.
There is not a cloud in the sky this morning, just a few faint vapor trails from jets heading somewhere. Looking at those trails in the sky made me feel grateful to be home where I love to be the most. The easy way my days go, the sights and sounds that are familiar and well loved. The screen door banging, the little shop keepers bell on the front door, the color of the cedar trim in the living room, the squeaky floor in the dinning room and the faint scent of Emery's cologne in our room. Those are things that are held dear in my heart each and every moment of the day. There are memories to cherish of the children playing and laughing and memories of so many family gatherings. And of smiles on little faces when they were caught by surprise that was good and getting a little sticker with a teddy bear on it, that said, "YOU WERE CAUGHT DOING SOMETHING GOOD". How they loved those stickers ! This home of ours is filled with love. Prayer together each night, blessings over each meal, and discussions galore.
Just looking out the window and seeing the sprinkler watering our lawn is a joy. Now I must admit, it might be a bit more joyful if it was about 75 degrees for the high today.

Comments

Linda said…
Delightful to read your post this morning. I well remember those days over 100 degrees and the above 80 degree mornings. Just have to report that today's high here will be 79 and the morning low was 50. Will be thinking about your family. It's no fun to see little ones suffer, even knowing it's for their best interest.

Linda
Anonymous said…
Prayers for Mei-Ling, Patty. She is a real trooper. What will this test show?
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful post, filled with love and memories. I am praying for Mei-Ling's continued health and comfort during her unpleasant test.
Patty said…
Hi Stephanie,
the tests will show how well the surgery on her ureter is working, making sure there is no backflow of urine into her kidney
Anonymous said…
Patty;

Mei Ling will be in my prayers, tests to little ones are not easy, especially for the adults.

I enjoy reading your thoughts, they are quite soothing. Thank you for sharing.

mari
Aunt Jenny said…
I love the picture of your dog...looks like he is doing a little jig in that pool!!!
Dana and Daisy said…
I love that sticker idea, and you title... my favorite day of the week is always Monday now that I stay home! It is MY morning!

Popular Posts