Puppy in Trouble

One of the first things I do every single morning is, turn on the computer. At times this thing feels like an extension of my very being. But, its really just a tool, a very valuable tool. Something was wrong, no connection. A quick look at the little black box showed me that there was no DSL, hummm, bet that means there is no phone either....yup, no phone. Suddenly a wave of sadness flows over me. No phone ! No computer ! At least I have the cell phone to call Emery and complain to him. He suspects Pepper may have gotten hold of the phone line and decided it was something fun to chew. I sit down and sigh....puppies are such hard work.
I head out to do chores, head hanging with about the same sort of pathetic look as the phone line outside. Its hanging in two pieces, one rather lifeless on the ground and the other half, dangling from the side of the house. Emery assured me I could fix it, I have after all installed phone lines and repaired a hot water heater. Splicing some wires together should be a breeze. I still feel a bit resentful of Peppers chewing habits. On my way to the goats, Pepper runs along side of me, so happy to see me, so happy to play. I am still ticked off at her, no matter how cute she is.
Chores done, I head off to the workshop to get something to cut and strip the wires and pick up some black electrical tape. The job is done in about 5 minutes and there beside me, lavishing my arm with doggie kisses is Pepper. I know she knows that I am fixing her mess. She is acting so sweet. Hard to not just love this wild one. After putting the tools away, I fill up her pool and play with her. The puppy in trouble is just too cute, even if she did chew up a life line.

Comments

That story reminds me of my little MJ doxie pup. First she chewed through my computer speaker wire and I had to buy new speakers. Then she chewed through the phone line! Gotta love them puppies! LOL!
The Stricklands said…
Oh that little sneaky darlin'! We rescued a mother dog and her puppies several years ago. She responded in turn by chewing up the air conditioner line. She then moved on to dessert (aka the fence). Mother and babies had to find a new home :( We have had hamsters chew the carpet, a rabbit eat the windowsill, and probably countless other animal mishaps that I have conveniently forgotten.

Popular Posts