Had a Bit of Fun

Down the street from us, they are having a yard sale. I love the stuff you can find at yard sales.
Found a couple cute things for Melissa to wear...found a night light in the exact same shade of green I am painting the front guest room...found a crock pot, never used, perfect for making my dipped candles. I needed a second one for making bayberry candles, using a mix of beeswax and bayberry wax. I found a lamp that is perfect for my desk, a cut work pillow and great little pot for a plant we just purchased. All for under $10. Now that is my kind of shopping !
I am just as thrilled with my $2 lamp as I am with my new lamp that we paid full price for. Well actually getting the lamp for $2 adds a bit more thrill to it, so maybe I even like it better. It is actually prettier, according to my taste.
Life is good.

Comments

nancyr said…
That is a great lamp!
Vicky said…
Miss Patty,

The lady that taught me the "art" of tag sale and goodwill shopping called it "treasure hunting". LOL!!! Isn't that exactly how it feels when you find the "perfect" thing at a more than perfect price? :)

Your new lamp makes beautiful shades...which is one of the main requirements for a lamp to be princess like pretty (according to my little girls). Enjoy your treasures :)

Popular Posts