Count Your Blessings Monday





There is thunder in the distance, the sky to the south west is dark and heavy with rain, making the mornings humidity oppressive, as if someone put a brick on your chest. Apart from the rumble in the sky, the morning seems strangely silent. Bees are busy gathering pollen from the crepe myrtle blooms, the little sacs on their legs bulging with the bright yellow powder. I wonder how they can fly with so much to carry.
The chores are done, bits of alfalfa stuck to my sleeves, part of life for me, but I don't mind a bit.
I have dusting and cleaning to do and some dishes left over from yesterday. Laundry is caught up, beds freshly made, the light scent of the outdoor air, caught in the sheets.
Just another wonderful day, so think I will just "Count Your Blessings" one by one.

"Count Your Blessings Monday" comes from Marci over at Down on the Farm
life itself
love, in its many forms
faith
hope
joy
learning
phone calls from my children
love notes
birthday's (Emery will be 62 on Wednesday)
fresh cantaloupe from the garden
sunshine
gentle breezes on hot summer days
that fall will arrive in a couple months
goats
moments of silence
Elizabeth feeling better, she was sick again this past week
Mei-Lings heart getting better
friends, old and new
wisteria blooms in July
fresh watermelon juice for breakfast
summer rain
my blog readers !




Comments

Marci said…
Oh Pat, the pictures are so colorful and were a blessing to me. You have a wonderful list of blessings!!!!

Popular Posts