Graditudes

This morning as I was thinking about my life, about my day, about my children, about the love Emery and I share and about the power of gratitude, it occurred to me that within this great movement to show our gratitude's these days, often times something is missing in it for me.
Even in my own postings of what I am grateful for, I often times forget to acknowledge to whom I owe all this gratitude to. Lots of talk these days about being grateful which I think is a good thing, we need to see the blessings in our lives, but some of the talk sorta leaves you grateful for lots of things in your life but leaves you blank on who you are thankful to. Maybe that is due in part to word usage, using the word, grateful instead of blessed. Instead of just counting the blessing or gratitude's, it works better for me to first thank the one that bestowed the blessing !

Comments

Sylvia K said…
A friend of mine told me about your site and I have very much enjoyed it. Like Linda, I too, was born in Texas and lived there until my mid 30s. We met in Oregon, I now live in Seattle. I love the pictures and the animals, looks like a good life!

Sylvia

Popular Posts