PLANTS $1

My day was planned out, put the room together that I just painted. You know, make it look more like a room than some sort of construction site. But.... the phone rang, it was Casi, plants are all $1 at Wal-Mart. My shoes were on in a second and I was out the door to pick up Melanie and Mei-Ling. We were going plant shopping.
We got there and the roses that I have been wanting lots of, the knock out roses, were $1 for the 5 gallon size. I was thrilled last month with my $5 knock out roses. The Law of Attraction at work here, I wanted an entire hedge row of these bushes. Melanie and I were shopping like someone had given us a 30 minute free run on the store. I found palm trees, ornamental grasses, iris, Daylilies, sagebush and so much more. We really were not shopping with the size of the car in mind. Somehow we found room for about 50 plants in the station wagon. Mei-Ling did sorta look like she was in the jungle, her car seat surrounded by plants. After telling Emery about our good deals, he said to go back and get more, so I headed back to town and filled the car again. I didn't take pictures, but you can imagine. If you ever saw the Keeping Up Appearances episode where Hyacinth decided to have a garden theme candle light dinner, after some contact with a well connected person with a garden center, you know how Richard looked driving home with all their plants for the dinner. That was me today ! Now I had better get to work on that room.

Emery is going to be busy planting tonight, about 50 plants worth. We are doing our part to GO GREEN in one more way....

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh how wonderful! I bet you had a blast!

I love Keeping Up Appearances. My daughter keeps calling me Mrs, Bucket. I'm not sure why. I guess I watch it to much. I think I've seen every episode twice. LOL

Have a wonderful time in the garden!
That was a wonderful deal and will add all the more character to your lovely place.
Unknown said…
I must get to Wal Mart! I hope ours has the deal too!
Anonymous said…
How delightful! I will check at ours tomorrow when I run an errand over there....that's too good to pass up.

Rebecca, it's boo-kay!! :) One of my absolute favorite shows.
Patti said…
What a wonderful way to spend the day! I would have done the same thing.
Dana and Daisy said…
I've been wanting about 12 of those roses for my back corner garden. Wow! $1 a piece! I gotta go!
Renee said…
What a great deal! Well worth two trips to Walmart. Have a wonderful weekend!t
Mrs. V. said…
Patty, I hope you don't mind me asking another floor question. I know you get alot of them! How long did you wait in between coats of polyurethane before putting on the next one? And how many coats total did you put on?

Thanks!!
Patty said…
Hi Mrs V.
I don't mind another question one bit : )
I am pretty sure we waited 24 hours. Its been a few years so not 100% on that. I probably followed the instructions on the can. I didn't use the water based polyurathane, but the other kind, its a harder finish which we needed since the children all did Irish Step dancing and practiced with their hard shoes almost every day. To clean it, i mop with a floor cleaner, and then I use some mop and glow type product if want a bit more shine.
Meredith said…
$1 for knockout roses? No way!

Here's to being in the right place at *just* the right time : )
Anonymous said…
Hi Patty! I checked at my WalMart here in North Carolina and they're not down to $1 yet. On further thought, I am guessing they go by weeks into the growing season. Our last frost is mid-April, so they can still sell us bedding plants for a few more weeks. :) Happy planting!
Carrie said…
I got to check my nearest Walmart to see if they have such specials on plants. I am just working on my yard this summer after neglecting it for some time, as indicated in my next-to-last post.

Popular Posts