Graditudes

Emery is working and the house is quiet, except for Nora Jones playing softly in the kitchen. Chores are done, watched "The Devil Wears Prada" a movie with an awfully good ending about what really matters in life. Decided on a simple brunch, whole plain yogurt with a drizzle of agave nectar on it. Some big plump local blackberries, bread, espresso and orange juice. Simple fare made extra special by having a vase full of sunflowers picked this morning from our garden. A tiny lady bug had booked passage into the house on a leaf, which made me smile. It's one of those easy kind of days. It feels as if the day is made of smooth jazz, it's that kind of feel. While I ate, the music reminded me of all the things I have to be grateful for...
Life itself.
The excitement of greeting a new day.
Love, the deep kind of love that can be wordless but never is because it overflows.
Prosperity in our lives and the lives of our children.
Mei-Lings health.
First steps in so many areas of life.
That there are always first steps, even at 50 and 60.
Hand holding and that silly sort of walking into each other, where you purposely bump hips and giggle like you were sixteen years old, nearly tripping over each other and getting caught in each others grins. Unaware that you are walking down a crowded street.
Music, always grateful for music and how you can always match mood and music.
Being a woman.
Nail polish on toes hidden by mud boots, its a bit like my life, not everything about me is obvious.
I like a bit of mystery.
Telephones and computers, they keep us in touch with folks we like and love.

Comments

TJ said…
I really liked the movie Devil Wears Prada just for the fact you mentioned. She learned what really mattered in life, and that felt good to me.

Popular Posts