Melissa is on her way home : (


What a delightful time we all had with Melissa here for a few days. We had so much fun and time for those wonderful deep conversations that we cherish so much. Every morning I would linger in bed, giving Emery and Melissa time alone to chat while eating breakfast together...something they did for many years when she was just a little girl. The two of them are early birds and their early breakfasts gave them some special daddy/daughter time. Melanie and Emery seem to have their special times when they are riding bikes or going some place in the car. We have always tried to give the children their own special time with each parent and it still happens with the girls. Girls seem different than sons in that way.
After dropping Melissa off at the airport, Emery took me out for brunch at one of our favorite French restaurant. We sat by the fireplace, sipping coffee, chatting about the joy we get from our children and grandchildren and savoring a delightful meal. After that, Emery took me shopping to sooth my sadness of saying good-bye to Melissa. Christmas gifts I am supposed to forget about : ) I am spoiled and I love it ! Lets just say both items are, très chic !
Which reminds me, its about time to clean out the closet and get back to dressing better. Those rather "un-stylish" tee shirts and comfy pants have found their way back into the closet.
Which I have written about several times. See I Get Lazy

photos:
Melissa and Emery in the early morning hours getting ready to head to the airport
Melissa is on the phone with Melanie in the picture.
A delightful brunch

Comments

Dana and Daisy said…
Melissa looks so much like Emery. I was thinking today that my wardrobe is over-littered with t-shirts too. Last year I determined to buy only blouses which had either buttons or a collar to move away from my lazy dressing ways. But they always creep back in.

I completely changed my blogs today. I have only one now and hope you'll come see my new look and enjoy all the posts of ALL the things I love.

acatinmylap.blogspot.com
Aunt Jenny said…
I tend toward lazy dressing too..tee shirts and elastic waist skirts, jeans or overalls. Sigh.
Melissa really looks alot like Emery. I never noticed that in pictures before..but I don't think I had seen one with the two of them like that before.
It is always hard for me to say goodbye to my grown kids after a visit too. How wonderful that Emery is so understanding and spoils you.
Have a great week!

Popular Posts